Submitted by Diane Durban
What is a Senior Move Manager ® ?
Senior Move Management is the profession that assists older adults, individuals, and families with downsizing, relocation or simplifying their homes.
Although specific services vary, most Senior Move Managers® can help with some or all of the following:
- Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Customized floor plans
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Supervise and oversight of professional packing
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold.
Some Specialty & Senior Move Managers® provide these services directly; others function in more of an oversight or management role. Senior Move Managers® have extensive, practical knowledge about the costs, quality and availability of various local community resources. Additionally, Senior Move Managers® frequently assist individuals who choose to stay in their own homes, but simply require expert organizational skills and solid knowledge of “aging in place” concepts to help them achieve their goal of … not moving anywhere, but improving quality of life!
One call to a Senior Move Manager® can connect you with services for a seamless, successful transition of all kinds.
Who uses a Senior Move Manager®?
Senior Move Managers® are contacted by various sources:
- The individual or family seeking services
- Family members
- Insurance companies
- Bank and trust officers
- Care Managers
- Social service providers/social workers
- Senior living communities
- Physicians and allied health providers
(Source: https://www.nasmm.org/faqs/, retrieved 03/11/2022)
Diane Durban and Judith Howe founded Brandywine Senior Transitions, LLC, a senior move management company in Delaware, back in 2005. We are a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers. We hold their highest designation of Diamond Society within the organization. If you have questions about the senior move management process, contact Diane at (302) 234-1999 or info@BrandywineSeniorTransitions.com